Plugable USB Kids Keyboard (Extra Large Keys - Color Coded)

  • Oversized keys are easy to find, easy to hit.
  • Bright, color-coded system encourages learning.
  • Works great with any version of Windows, Mac, Linux or any system that supports USB keyboards.
  • Simple, reliable USB connection. No drivers to Install. No batteries to replace.
  • Helps people with motor disabilities or impaired vision.

Just what we needed to help my daughter learn to type. She is 9 years old and has fine motor difficulties so the school Occupational Therapist wants to get away from handwriting and teach her to type on a computer. We bought this for home use this summer to get her more proficient using the keyboard. She has picked up quickly since the keys are color coded. It is easy to use, just plug it into a USB port on any computer. I highly recommend it for anyone with fine motor issues as well as vision problems.

This is WONDERFUL for my 4 year old grandson! I'm a computer applications teacher, so finding a keyboard with bigger, colorful keys for a pre-schooler was amazing, but even better is this one also has the VOWELS different color than CONSONANTS, which also helps him find keys as he's beginning to understand that letters go together to make words, etc. We just plug this into the laptop whenever he's over, and he's entertained on his preschool game sites long enough for ol' grandma to regroup a bit! it's a winner!

This keyboard is great for children! My 4 year old loves the colors and even if she can't find the key she's looking for (which is rare), it's easy to direct her attention to it. The keys are large so the letters are nice and big and easily recognizable for children. My daughter just started using the computer for a few learning games and was having a very difficult time finding the letters to spell her name and other words on the "grow up" keyboard so this was a great investment. You do need to realize that you really can't use this for regular, grown up typing. It's just way too big so when you think your hitting one key, you're really about 2-3 keys away! So don't think that both you and your child will get use out of it and you can ditch your old keyboard-no gonna happen. But that minor inconvenience is totally worth it for her to have a keyboard that she can actually learn on without getting frustrated. I just stow whatever keyboard I'm not using in a drawer just below my computer and its really not big deal.

Keyboards are just as pictured. Pretty cool too, the kids love them. We've put them in public spaces at a library and they can take a beating. Nothing to hate, everything to love about these things. If they ever wear out (doubtful) we'll order more. Update (1 month ownership): One thing to note, the keys are not staggered like a normal keyboard, they are aligned like a 10-key pad. Therefore, anyone that can touch type will go nuts using this keyboard until they get used to it.

The product is billed primarily for kids. However, I am 67 years old, and it is perfect for me. I have big, stubby-ended fingers, and, although I have a master's degree with a reasonable knowledge of spelling and grammar, I've had trouble hitting the correct keys in the past. Hitting two keys simultaneously has been common. I don't know whether it is because of my motor skills or my thinking-too-fast-to-be-in-"sync"-with-the-smaller-keys or what. In any case, now---with the Plugable USB Keyboard (Extra Large Keys - Color Coded)---I make very few typing errors. My thinking and the keyboard are in sync. I love the keyboard---both for the increased proficiency that it gives me (I can actually think faster when I am not having to frequently go back and correct typos) and for the fact that it perhaps the only "techie" product in my life that is personally FUN for me to use. When my grandchildren come to visit, they love it too!

I purchased this keyboard for a senior citizen "Wow Computer". I purchased the computer for my elderly aunt who is blind in one eye and has limited vision in her other eye (effects of a stroke). This is her very first computer so to make it less complicated I decided on a keyboard with as few keys as possible but keys as large as I could find. At first glance she was so pleased with the size of the keys and quote "the beautiful colored keys". The simplicity of the "Wow Computer" paired with this wonderful keyboard really opened a whole new world for her. Thank you PLUGABLE KIDS KEYBOARD for making available such a fantastic affordable product! I should mention the "Wow Computer" comes with a large lettered keyboard and mouse but in the case of my aunts vision disability it was difficult for her to see the standard (black with white) keys on that keyboard.

I had one similar to this several years ago and loved it because the big keys significantly reduced the number of “double key” entries. But, that one did not have function keys and I got into a program that demanded function keys so I went back to a standard keyboard. I used it for 2 years but the “double keying” and the accidental “caps lock” was driving me crazy. When I learned this one had function keys, I ordered it immediately and now I am a “happy typer”. Amazon should show it when someone searches for “ large key keyboard”. I had to look up “kids keyboard” to find it.

I'm using the keyboard with a 2009 Mac Mini running Mavericks OS. Runs like a champion. More importantly...the first keyboard I received from Amazon had a little bit of an issue with the cord - it worked intermittently because it seemed the cord in the back was loose. Once I was sure it wasn't my computer, I contacted Plugable. COULD NOT IMAGINE BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE. The customer service representative (CSR) didn't futz around - she asked for my Amazon order ID and address. Sent me a new one immediately, fresh from being tested, with a postage paid mailing label to send the old one back. Tech support notes recommended that I use the new one for a couple of days, just to make sure, then send the old one back. Absolutely no hassles. FANTASTIC. Wish Plugables made cars, houses, dishwashers, flooring - everything, cause I'd buy it.

Purchased for my 1 year old (who kept trying to use my keyboard). This is very durable and works like a standard keyboard. has been dropped down a flight of stairs. It still works and best of all, no keys came off!

I bought this keyboard for my husband. He has a hand tremor and kept hitting the wrong key, so wanted a keyboard with larger keys. The large key keyboards marketed for disabled persons (due to vision, fine motor skills, etc.) are a LOT more expensive than this one and can be hard to find. This keyboard includes function keys, which some of the kid's ones don't, and he kind of likes the colors. He's always been a 2 finger typer, the larger keys might be a problem for a touch typer with smaller hands but for him it was perfectly functional at the right price. They keyboard is approximately standard size and gains room for bigger keys by losing the 10-key number pad, but numbers are still included above the querty keys so no great loss. If you want a black keyboard with larger keys, the least expensive I've found is MoreKeyboard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PandaHall Elite 2 Pieces 15.7 Inches Leather Replacement Handles Purses Straps Handbags Shoulder Bag Strap with Swivel Lobster Buckles Black

You are here for a reason , keep going.